hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Message too large...?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bhimaji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Message too large...? Reply with quote

I have a P800, and have just started playing with Peffisaur and MMS Diary. Wonderful, wonderful applications. Just what I need. Thank you.

However...I can't upload big pictures. I haven't figured out the exact size, but above a certain size it stops at 94%. I have no problem with low res images, but 640x480 ones don't work. Same thing with the most recent versions of MMS Diary and Peffisaur.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,

gopi.
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi gopi,

There are no limitations whatsoever in either MMS Diary or Peffisaur. If a message gets there it will be processed. The problems you are experiencing are totally depending on your phone and your operator. According to the MMS interworking paper that the manufacturers of phones have agreed upon a phone must at least be able to send a message of 50K and be able to receive a message of 30 K. If you pass can pass that limit phone wise is up to your phone software. Then there is the wap gateway limitations. Many wap gateways out there does not permit posts larger than the 30-50K that you are supposed to be able to send .

Since your phone tries to upload an image and then fails I assume it is the wap gw that cannot cope with the image size. Make sure your wap gw setting in your wap profile is set to "Connection oriented" but even if it is you may not be able to post larger images using the wap gw you are using.

/S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: Message too large...? Reply with quote

bhimaji wrote:
However...I can't upload big pictures. I haven't figured out the exact size, but above a certain size it stops at 94%. I have no problem with low res images, but 640x480 ones don't work. Same thing with the most recent versions of MMS Diary and Peffisaur.

I had same problem with my p800 and it was because send.php and mmslib.php eated too much memory and php memory limits kicked in. I fixed it with this at beginning of send.php. It eats pretty much memory actually.

[query]
set_time_limit (2000); // not really needed, but for safe
ini_set('memory_limit','16M'); // increases allowed memory usage to 16M
[/query]

and bottom is orginal error message from php.

php error wrote:

<b>Fatal error</b>: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in <b>/home/kimvir/public_html/mmsdiary/mmslib.php</b> on line <b>805</b><br />
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...yes...the design is very simple and no memory optimization is done whatsoever. It's a "keep it simle stupid" design and nothing else.
Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem, I'll try this.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: