hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K700i will it work?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
risto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:54 am    Post subject: K700i will it work? Reply with quote

Hi I,m realy liking what I see here! I'm wondering if k700i will work.
If so how should I set up the phone?
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I think it would but I don't know if anyone has tested it yet as it is quite new. Usually it seems like phone vendors reuse their MMS implementations so if it works for one SonyEricsson it probably works for another and likewise for Nokia.

I don't know what the option in K700i is called but it's probably something like "Message server" or "Message center" and moste likely under MMS or "Picture message" (as SonyEricsson seem to call it sometimes...as if it really is only pictures you send).

What you might also have to change is the wap gw setting. Some operators do not allow you to access the Internet with the wap gw they have for MMS. Usually they have another wap gw for regular wap browsing on the Internet. If they do, and if it does not work for you, you could try and change your wap gw setting to use that gw instead of the MMS gw your operator gave you.
Daniel

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using the S700i, not the same phone but I think they have the same software. It works fine except for that nasty error more people seem to get although the message is being sent perfectly.
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As "nasty errors" is not something all people get they must've something to do with the communication rather than the content that is communicated. Perhaps the answer does not get back to the phone properly through the wap-gw.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: