hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error writing to recmail

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary
View previous topic :: View next topic  
derek

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Error writing to recmail Reply with quote

I am trying to make peffisaur run on Mac Os X. I think I have everything set up correctly, munpack is installed and recmail.pl and .procmailrc is placed in user peffisaurs folder.

But when I send mail or MMS to the peffisaur email account I get this in the recmail.log - what could be wrong?

From e-rik@inet.uni2.dk Sat Mar 19 18:28:49 2005
Subject: after reload
Folder: /Users/peffisaur/recmail.pl 1296
procmail: Error while writing to "/Users/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
From +4560914222/TYPE=PLMN@mms.sonofon.dk Sat Mar 19 18:31:23 2005
Subject: Billede(1)
Folder: /var/mail/peffisaur 10091
procmail: Error while writing to "/Users/peffisaur/recmail.pl"
From +4560914222/TYPE=PLMN@mms.sonofon.dk Sat Mar 19 18:38:17 2005
Subject: Foto
Folder: /var/mail/peffisaur 10090
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bug in recmail.pl that has been fixed. The new version has been posted in this forum a couple of times. You might try with that. Apart from that it is not evident what goes wrong with your log files there. Try sending a message to your mail account, save it to a file using for instance Thunderbird to a file called message.eml or something. Then do cat message.eml | recmail.pl and see if you see any errors on stderr. You can also adjust the logging levels on procmail to see what can be the problem. It could be so many things. Like the bug that was fixed and posted in this forum, or simply that it's not configured properly with the database, or that it cannot write the files to the specified location when it unpacks it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> MMS Diary All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: