hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EU mobile companies that don't block diff. message servers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ideacritik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:22 pm    Post subject: EU mobile companies that don't block diff. message servers Reply with quote

t-mobile (NL) defenitely doesn't support message servers other than their own, therefore rendering it impossible to send an mms without going through them, and paying dearly.
i would like to know if anyone has surveyed the question. what mobile companies won't block sending mms via a different message server?
t-mobile :: NO
next?
audrey
san

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Audrey,

This is not correct, it is possible using another MMS server thru their network other than their own. I'm assuming however that you're using the T-Mobile APN 'mms', which does have some restrictions.

Setting your MMS settings to the unrestricted http APN 'internet' should solve your problem.

kind regards,
San
modo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Network: t-mobile
Account: prepaid
Phone: sony ericsson t-230

A. All orginial settings intact APN/mms MMS-server/http://t-mobilemms and send a MMS
R. Message send and recieved

A. changing the APN settings from 'mms' to 'internet' and send a MMS
R. a communication error appeared based upon an config error in WAP settings

A. leaving the APN as is 'mms' and changing the MMS server address from http://t-mobilemms to something other (working) and send a MMS.
R. a communication error appeared based upon an config error in WAP settings

One might think both MMS server address + APN settings are restricted.

Any idea anyone?
ideacritik

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: i have the same problem Reply with quote

i have the exact same problem.
contract: 1 year (t-mobile NL)
sony ericson k700i.
i would be deeply endebted to anyone who can figure this out, or at least suggest a different company.
cheers.
modo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After searching around a bit I came to the understanding that for t-mobile NL a GPRS Bundle (account) is necessary. Without it, it doesn't seem to work.

Once a GPPRS Bundle is available I guess (haven't tested cause I have no GPRS Bundle) things should work.

More info on the GPRS Bundle ( in Dutch) can be found: here

(Page can't be read in firefox, at least I couldn't read it. Needs iexplore or iexplore plugin for firefox Wink )

Other interesting information on mailing via t-mobile (in Dutch) can be found here

MMS Settings (t-mobile NL) found so far on the internet:
mms
internet (from above)
internet-acces
ideacritik

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: gprs doesn't require bundel abonnement... Reply with quote

thanx for the info.
however, from what i understand, one doesn't need to be subscribed to a gprs bundel or abonnement to be able to use this service since 0MB = gratis on the site. this suggests that special subscription isn't necessary, they just charge you through the roof if you use it...

why is it then that if i change the message server from 't.mobile' to another page (myserver.com/blah.php) or to the peffis.com.... i am unable to send mms? it must be that they block such possibilities of using a server other than theirs...
unless anyone understands something i have overlooked?
ideacritik

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:16 pm    Post subject: APN? Reply with quote

san wrote:

Setting your MMS settings to the unrestricted http APN 'internet' should solve your problem.

what does this mean exactly? APN? what settings should i key in then?
modo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APN is described in dutch as: toegangspunt (accesspoint (apn) in english I guess)

Even tho the GPRS billing starts only when you use traffic. The GPRS Bundle has to be activated by t-mobile I have been told, else it will not work. Once that is done you will not have the problem of not being able to send mms after changing the t-mobile http://t-mobilemms to your desired url.

So you were right in your first post, there def is a restriction.

Try reading the forum here A lot of people overthere use the mmsdiary script.

Concerning the settings: your APN settings are the settings in your phone that currently holds the text: mms depending on your phone these settings can be found under: datacommunicatie.
ideacritik

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bedankt.
i'll see if i can get the gprs bundle activated without fees and see what happens.
san

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,
to the above few posts (since my last one)

this is all incorrect info. Razz
you do not need a GPRS bundle in order to be able to use the APN (access point name) internet. This is activated as default for all and every subscriber.

the problem you are running into is that you are using a prepaid phone. Prepaid subscribers do not have access to the APN internet. they can only use the APN's 'wap' and 'MMS' which don't allow HTTP traffic and route everything to the T-Mobile MMS gateway respectively.

so, in order to be able to use any other MMS gateway (such as Peff), you will need access to an unrestricted (http) APN, and therefore need a postpaid subscription (T-Mobile Abonnee, of any rateplan)

hope it's a bit clearer now.. good luck
modo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that should clear things up. Thx san. Ideacritick sorry for the incorrect information. Appearantly t-mobile employees can't seem to provide the correct information. Hopelijk is het nu voor jou opgelost.
ideacritik

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: abonnement ? Reply with quote

i have an abonnement, i do not have prepaid... (mass confusion).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: