hellkvist.org Forum Index hellkvist.org
Discussions about the free software on hellkvist.org

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

just got here

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rangerdave

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:34 pm    Post subject: just got here Reply with quote

Im still learning whats the what but highly interested.

2 main questions

--it seems that i will need a linux box to really make this work..?

and i have worked my way through the lgvx6100 and dont see where to change the settings that many refer to, my phone is not on the working list...??

thanks in advance!!

RD
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you don't HAVE to have a Linux box. Any Unix machine with Apache and PHP would do nicely. Setting it up on Windows might not work however unless you are willing to do lots of rework - especially the email interface is rather UNIX-ified I'm afraid.

Even if your phone is not listed it will most likely work anyway. Peffisaur offers two alternative ways of posting messages to the site - one using the email interface and the other using the direct HTTP posting method. The email interface does not require any special settings in the phone. Just set it up to work with your operator's MMSC so that you can send MMS to other people. Then send it to the email address you got when registering at Peffisaur.

The other way of posting requires that you can change the Wap-GW settings and the MMSC URL settings. These are named differently on all phones and I don't know what they are called on yours. This method has one advantage in that it is completely free with many operators, but the drawback is that you can no longer send MMS to other people's phones. Pick the method you like.
rangerdave

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peffis wrote:
Well, you don't HAVE to have a Linux box. Any Unix machine with Apache and PHP would do nicely. Setting it up on Windows might not work however unless you are willing to do lots of rework - especially the email interface is rather UNIX-ified I'm afraid.

Even if your phone is not listed it will most likely work anyway. Peffisaur offers two alternative ways of posting messages to the site - one using the email interface and the other using the direct HTTP posting method. The email interface does not require any special settings in the phone. Just set it up to work with your operator's MMSC so that you can send MMS to other people. Then send it to the email address you got when registering at Peffisaur.

The other way of posting requires that you can change the Wap-GW settings and the MMSC URL settings. These are named differently on all phones and I don't know what they are called on yours. This method has one advantage in that it is completely free with many operators, but the drawback is that you can no longer send MMS to other people's phones. Pick the method you like.

Ok my phone is supported, just a software version to change--changed.
The wap settings, I am not worried about at all, I run my own wap server here and browse for minutes only.

Now, I set what address, to send e-mail, exactly where...? And then I can send pic's and text to others phone, or not..?
Only to e-mail?

Im still learning so be gentle on the noob!!

LOL

RD
buglerroller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my question is where are;
/* SOX
/* DECODER

Are they included with the download? Rolling Eyes
Peffis
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, they are not included in the download I'm afraid. Sox is a standard utility on most linux workstations. You can easily find either source code or rpm's/deb's out there.

The decoder can be found on the 3GPP website. I think someone posted the location here in this forum some time ago. Search for 3GPP or decoder or something.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hellkvist.org Forum Index -> Peffisaur All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: